Adv Tshweu matriculated in 1979 at Hebron Teachers Training College North of Pretoria. He obtained a B. Juris degree in 1991 through the University of South Africa (UNISA) and LLB in 1997 through VISTA University. He was admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa: South Gauteng (formerly WLD) on 22 April 1998.
He was previously a Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions; Northern Cape and is currently a duly admitted Advocate in the Johannesburg Society of Advocates (Johannesburg Bar Council) and practicing as a member in good standing.
- Juris – 1991 (UNISA)
- LLB – 1997 (Vista University)
Fields of Expertise
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Family Law and Maintenance
- Third Party Compensation Claims (Road Accident Fund)
- Labour Law
- Environmental Law
- Consumer Protection Law
Recent Practice History
Adv Tshweu has been involved in serious high profile criminal cases in the High Court, South Gauteng and Northern Cape and in the Supreme Court of Appeal. He is a specialist in criminal matters, appeals and review opinions.
- Bantu Commissioner court: 1980 – 1981, working as a clerk of criminal court as well as an official court interpreter
- Volkskas Bank: 1983 – 1986, banking and client services
- Putco LTD: 1986 – 1990, senior Administration clerk
- East Rand Legal Aid Centre: Springs in Gauteng, legal consultant in matters relating to general civil litigation, divorce, labour, and Property and Road Accident Fund
- National Prosecuting Authority: 1992 -2014, prosecuted criminal cases, in the District, Regional, High Courts and the Supreme Court of Appeal
- Johannesburg Bar Council: 2014 to date, general civil litigation, family law, labour law, complex criminal matters, constitutional and administrative law and environmental law
(t) +2711 223 8000
(t) +2711 223 8242
(f) +2711 223 8148
(m) +2784 701 1087