Adv Gumede commenced his legal career at the Labour Court as a Judge’s Clerk in 2006 and later joined the Office of the President where he served in various positions which includes, amongst others, as a Senior Administrator and a Legal Advisor, Policy Development and Labour Dispute Management roles.
Adv Gumede also served as the Deputy Director of the Justice Crime Prevention and Security (JCPS) Cabinet Committee and was called to the Bar in 2016.
Adv Gumede completed his pupillage at the Johannesburg Society of Advocates. He has appeared in arbitrations, Magistrates, Regional and High Courts and in the Labour Court.
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB – 2005, University of the Witwatersrand
- LLM in International Economics Law – UNISA
- Diploma in Education – Senior Phase and Further Education and Training – Gqikazi College of Education
Fields of Expertise
- Civil & Commercial Practice
- Employment & Labour Law
- Construction & Mining Law
- Constitutional Law
Date of Admission
Adv Gumede is a member of the Johannesburg Society of Advocates and was admitted to practice on 28 April 2016.
(t) +2711 223 8000
(f) +2711 223 8004
(m) +2782 358 1200
(e) firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com