Tshepo Sibeko is a graduate of the University of the North (now known as the University of Limpopo), where he obtained a B Juris degree in 1986, and the University of Natal (Durban) where he obtained a LLB degree in 1989, and a LLM degree in 1991. He attended a certificate course in Competition Law at the Mandela Institute, School of Law, Wits in 2006.
- Juris, University of the North 1986
- LLB, University of Natal (Durban) 1989
- LLM, University of Natal (Durban) 1991
- Certificate in Competition Law, Wits 2006
Fields of Expertise
- Commercial Law
- Gambling Law
- Administrative Law and Constitutional litigation
- Local Government Law
- Adv Sibeko SC is also involved in commercial arbitration matters (either sitting as an arbitrator or representing a party).
- Adv Sibeko SC has served as chairman of a number of disciplinary proceedings; and has also sat as a Commissioner in an enquiry set up in terms of sections 417 and 418 of the Companies Act 61 of 1973.
Recent Practice History
Adv Sibeko SC has been involved in various high profile cases in the High Court; the Supreme Court of Appeal; and the Constitutional Court. He has also been involved in furnishing advice through written opinions to various government departments and state owned entities.
- In 1998, Adv Sibeko SC was appointed as a member of the Independent Appeal Body of the National Bargaining Council for the Road Freight and Logistics Industry.
- Since 2001, he has served as an Acting Judge of the High Court and the Labour Court on various occasions.
- In 2003 he was appointed as a member of the Gauteng Gambling Board until he resigned in June 2006.
- In 2007 he was appointed as a General Commercial panellist of AFSA.
- In 2008 he was appointed as the President of the Services Appeal Board (Gauteng Province), established in terms of the Townplanning and Townships Ordinance 15 of 1986.
- In 2012 he was appointed as evidence leader in the Arms Procurement Commission.
(t) +2711 223 8000
(t) +2711 223 8024
(f) +2786 500 1415
(m) +2783 300 3014