Before joining the legal profession, Adv Hendrik M Botha (Hennie) worked in the construction industry, as a professional quantity surveyor and quantum expert. As a result of his dual qualification, background and experience, he especially understands the practical and technical aspects of construction and engineering disputes. Consequently, he is astute in the handling of complex technical and mathematical data as well as the application thereof to legal proceedings.
Adv Botha is still registered as a professional quantity surveyor with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession and remains a professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, UK.
Adv Botha is an admitted and registered practicing Advocate. He specialises in the resolution of civil disputes; by means of Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mediation, Adjudication and Arbitration) or Litigation proceedings. The legal services he provides include:
- provision of opinions on any subject of law;
- drafting of custom contracts, amendments or settlement agreements;
- formulation of legal strategies and preparation of claims (or defences thereto);
- drafting of any other legal documents required for use in any Court, arbitration or adjudicative proceedings;
- legal preparation during the negotiation of contracts or settlements, or during alternative dispute resolution or litigation proceedings.
- LLB (Cum Laude), UNISA (2012 – 2016)
- BSc (QS hons), University of the Free State (1999 – 2002)
Fields of Expertise
- Construction and Engineering Law
- Contract Law
- Commercial Law
- Insolvency Law
- Family Law
- Property Law
- Law of Delict
Date of Admission
24 April 2017
(t) +2711 223 8000
(f) +2711 223 8004
(m) +2782 780 6247