In 1996, Adv Eric Nwedo graduated his B. Proc degree from the University of Venda and began his working career as a Research-Assistant responsible for Property Law in the Law Faculty, University of South Africa. Prior to him completing his Master’s Degree in Labour Law and Employment Relations at the University of Johannesburg, he did his Honours’ Degree in Labour Relations at the same institution and received the
Chancellor’s Merit Award. He also completed his LLB Degree from the University of South Africa.
He also holds the following certificates:
- IMSSA: Chairing of Internal Disciplinary Hearing Course (1998)
- Graduate Institute of Management Training (GIMT): Conducting arbitration cases at the CCMA (1998)
- Wits Business School (WBS): Negotiation Dynamics & Lobbying Course (2005 & 2006)
- International Labour Organization (ILO): Decent Work Programme, International Institute of Labour Studies (IILS), Geneva, Switzerland (2007)
- Conflict Dynamics: Resolving Workplace Disputes through Mutual-Gains Approach (2013)
In 2003 to 2005, Adv Nwedo lectured Labour Law at the UNISA School of Business Leadership (SBL, Midrand).
He is an Associate Member at the Association of Arbitrators in Southern Africa and a member of the South African Society of Labour Lawyers (SASLAW). Adv Nwedo is also a member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IoDSA).
Fields of Expertise
- Motion Court Practice
- General Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law Litigation, Mediation and Arbitrations
- Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings
- Eviction related matters
- Personal injury claims
- Drafting of Legal Opinions
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
Adv Nwedo has extensive experience in industrial relations/employment law at practitioner level, senior management and executive positions spanning over eighteen years in various sectors such as Academia, Public Service, Private Consulting, Mining, Hotel & Casino and Banking sectors.
He has represented a number of clients in labour litigation matters at the Labour Court, CCMA and Bargaining Councils. He has also appeared at the High Court in civil, commercial, property and matrimonial related matters. He has also chaired a number of disciplinary enquiries for clients in various sectors.
Adv Nwedo was granted the 2016 SASLAW Pro Bono Award for his ongoing contribution to the Pro Bono Project in relation to the matter where he successfully represented an indigent litigant at the Labour Court.
(t) +2711 223 8000
(t) +2711 223 2222
(f) +2711 223 8004
(m) +2778 803 9570