Etienne Ferreira graduated from the Northwest University with the degrees BCom and LLB. He was admitted as an Attorney (with right of appearance in the High Court), Notary and Conveyancer in 1995. He joined the Johannesburg Bar in 1999.
Etienne is also admitted, as a solicitor, in the jurisdictions of England and Wales since 2008.
Fields of Expertise
- Commercial & Contracts
- Company Law
- Delict & Personal Injury
- Environmental Law
- Motor Law
- Townships & Town Planning
Recent Practice History
Matters and opinions include:
- Commercial and contractual disputes including extinctive prescription issues.
- Unlawful competition including the enforcement and resisting of enforcement of restraint of trade clauses.
- Liability and quantum issues relating to delictual claims and Mining, Environmental and Property Law disputes.
- Litigation in the Higher Courts of South Africa, inclusive of Courts of Appeal, as well as in contractual agreed arbitrations.
After being admitted as an Attorney, Notary and Conveyancer, Ferreira practiced as such, prior to joining the Bar in 1999. During his practice as an Attorney, he was exposed to a wide variety of work extending beyond his present fields of expertise.
(t) +2711 223 8000
(t) +2711 223 8030
(f) +2711 223 8067
(m) +2782 895 1155